Academies may receive both Trust-wide support, including one-to-one asssistance, CPD and training, performance management and peer reviews, and bespoke packages tailored for their needs. All school-to-school support is delivered by highly-skilled, experienced and effective leaders with a proven track record of excellence.
Tailored to your needs
‘Good’ and ‘outstanding’ schools can focus on specific improvement programmes, planned following a detailed diagnostic review and delivered with expert support from the Trust. All academies should expect intense training, accelerated improvement where required, curriculum and staffing reviews, improvement of pedagogy and subject-specific development.
Where external support is required, the Trust will quality-assure and hand-select those most qualified to deliver it, guaranteeing excellent reputations in their fields of expertise.
What you can expect
Support delivered to all Leading Learners academies may include:
- one-to-one support for headteachers from the Executive Director and senior leadership team;
- regular diagnostic reviews of academy performance;
- CPD for national and local priorities from quality assured providers;
- headteacher performance management and access to highly effective leadership training;
- SLT support, including residential training across the Trust;
- NQT and RQT training;
- Middle Leader and Subject Leader training;
- networking across the Trust to share best practice;
- annual review of Pupil Premium spend;
- moderation across academies;
- peer reviews;
- access to a pool of excellent SLEs;
- support from across the Forward Together Teaching School Alliance;
- training for non-teaching staff;
- administrative reviews; and
- governor training.
Bespoke support, tailored to the needs of the academy, may include:
- intense training and support to improve teaching and learning;
- intense support for a particular Key Stage, year group or individual staff member;
- effective data usage training and support in developing pupil progress meetings;
- access to specific training;
- curriculum reviews;
- staffing reviews;
- professional partners working within classrooms to improve pedagogy;
- intense support for senior leaders from highly skilled leaders, including the Executive Director;
- support for school leaders in evoking formal procedures;
- use of assessment procedures across the academy;
- curriculum design;
- support for specific subject areas;
- academy improvement planning;
- display and environment around school; and
- EYFS provision and practice.